Lessons for all ages
- Dr. Ganger offers lessons for all ages and levels.
- Just started on Trumpet? Getting ready for a college audition? Dr. Ganger can offer help and guidance.
- Dr. Ganger has a rich background in Music Education alongside years of private and classroom teaching.
- Focus will be on technique, musicianship, and many other key areas of trumpet playing.
- Lessons are available in person (Noblesville, IN) or via the internet (Google Hangouts or Skype).
- Dr. Ganger is also available to provide Masterclasses or Clinics for trumpets, brass, or large ensembles.
What former students are saying
"Dr. Ganger is an excellent instructor and role model for players of all ages. In a short period of time, Dr. Ganger was able to equip me with a plethora of knowledge and skills for success in this field. He’s patient and takes a real interest in your education, tailoring your lessons specifically to your needs. I can’t think of someone who is more dedicated to making sure his pupils receive the best instruction possible. If you’re looking for a great trumpet instructor, Dr. Ganger is the perfect candidate."
Nicholas Hahn, Trumpet Student, The University of Akron
"Dr. Ganger is a caring, supportive mentor who takes a keen interest in his students’ success. His kind demeanor and excellent musical skills make him a wonderful instructor who has both the expert knowledge and the earnest desire to help his students succeed. Under Dr. Ganger’s instruction, my playing improved dramatically, giving me both the skills and the confidence to succeed as a trumpet player. I highly recommend Dr. Ganger to anyone who is looking for an excellent trumpet instructor."
Jordan Koehlinger, Class of 2018, Indiana Wesleyan University
"I had taken trumpet lessons before meeting Josh, but after my lessons with Josh I feel like I can play the trumpet now. I think he's a good teacher for kids because he's so patient and he is great at knowing what you're struggling with and how to help you recover. In general I think he's a good teacher for anyone who may be interested in trumpet or is a long time trumpet player."
Lincoln Manzi, Trumpet Student, Harmonic Music Studios
- Adjunct Lecturer of Music- Manchester University, North Mancester, IN 2019
- Teaches Trumpet
- Adjunct Professor of Music- Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN 2014-2018, 2019
- Teaches Trumpet and coaches the Honors Brass Quintet
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Trumpet- The University of Akron, Akron, OH 2018-2019
- Taught Trumpet and Trumpet Studio Class, Conducts the Trumpet Choir, and Performs with the Faculty Brass Quintet
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Trumpet- Indiana University South Bend, South Bend, IN 2018
- Taught Trumpet and Brass Methods
- Guest Artist- Oklahoma State University, Purdue University Fort Wayne, Arkansas Tech University, Ball State University, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The Hartt School of Music, Taylor University, Western Michigan University
- Artist in Residence- TAP Camp (Boys and Girls Club, Washington DC 2013, 2014)
- Trumpet Instructor- Harmonic Music Studios, Washington DC
- Music Education Graduate Assistant- Peabody Conservatory of The Johns Hopkins University
- Trumpet Instructor- Indiana Wesleyan University Music Preparatory School, Marion, IN
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education- Indiana Wesleyan University
- State of Indiana License- K-12 Instrumental, Choral, and General Music Education